San Francisco, Marin, and Oakland, CA
The holiday season is almost here. For many of us, this is a fun but hectic time of year, but did you know that the holidays also pose a threat to your oral health? Between the plethora of sugary treats that are available at seemingly every holiday function and a busy schedule that can make it difficult to maintain your usual routine, you could ring in the New Year with a serious dental problem such as tooth decay or gum disease. This is why it is important to find a quality dentist in San Francisco.
Glen Park Dental is here to explain five reasons why, this Thanksgiving, you should be thankful for your dentist.
- Dental cleanings are a key component of maintaining a high level of oral health. The American Dental Association recommends that each person receive dental cleanings once every six months, as they are the only way to remove all the cavity-causing bacteria, plaque, and tartar buildup from your teeth. At Glen Park Dental, each dental cleaning in Oakland is performed by one of our highly trained, experienced, compassionate dental hygienists, producing teeth that are stronger, well polished and completely clean!
- Cosmetic dentistry is a specialization of dental science that focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth and mouth. Your San Francisco cosmetic dentists at Glen Park Dental use the latest tools and techniques to produce beautiful results that also often function on a higher level as well. Our cosmetic services include teeth whitening, laser gum recontouring, and crowns that can be completed and placed in a single day.
- Preventive care is always preferable to waiting until problems develop, which often means a more costly and intensive procedure to complete treatment. Receiving regular cleanings is part of preventive care; during these appointments, your dentist should perform a thorough examination of your teeth and mouth, identifying any significant changes that could be warning signs of a developing problem. Preventive care also applies to diagnostic procedures such as digital X-rays, or treatments such as MI Paste, fluoride treatments, or the application of sealants—all of which can provide additional defense against dental threats such as tooth decay and gum disease.
- Restorative dentistry can repair damaged teeth to full strength or replace missing teeth, filling a gap in your smile and restoring your ability to chew. A restorative dental procedure at Glen Park Dental could be something as simple as receiving a metal-free filling to repair a small area of decay. It also could mean something more intensive, such as receiving a dental implant to replace a missing tooth or even having the All-on-4 system installed, which can replace an entire dental arch of teeth in a single day.
- Neuromuscular dentistry is an advanced specialization of the dental field that emphasizes finding or restoring the optimum alignment of your bite and jaw. After undergoing extensive post-graduate training and education beyond dental school, a neuromuscular dentist in San Francisco can identify and treat cases of temporomandibular joint disorder—an ailment that relates to dysfunction of the jaw joints and often causes debilitating pain. If you need treatment for TMJ disorder in San Francisco, the neuromuscular dentists at Glen Park Dental are the best-qualified medical professionals to help you obtain a proper diagnosis and treatment for your problem.
High-quality dental care in San Francisco
No matter whether you need just routine dental service or advanced treatments in specialties such as neuromuscular and cosmetic dentistry, and no matter what your age might be, the team of oral health professionals at Glen Park Dental can fulfill your needs. Our facility has the latest tools and technologies to provide the highest possible level of comprehensive care, delivered in a comfortable setting. These reasons and more are why you should be thankful for your Bay Area dentists this Thanksgiving. To learn more about our services, call (415) 585-1500 to schedule a consultation.
Glen Park Dental offers comprehensive oral care to patients in the areas of Marin, Oakland, and San Francisco in California.