San Francisco, Marin, and Oakland, CA
Providing the highest level of oral health care means having the right tools for the job. Dentistry is a science that is always evolving and, at Glen Park Dental, we pride ourselves on using state-of-the-art technology, which allows us to better serve you, our patients.
Here is some more information regarding the specific technology Glen Park Dental uses:
- Digital X-rays – Forget what you think you know about X-ray machines. Our digital X-ray technology generates images that are clearer and more precise while emitting significantly less radiation than traditional forms of dental X-rays.
- Planmeca Cone Beam – Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is a type of X-ray machine that produces 3D images of soft tissue, nerve paths, bone, and other dental structures in a clearer manner than traditional X-rays. Images obtained using the CBCT are used to devise precise treatment plans, and are helpful in determining diseases of the jaw, sinus cavities, teeth, and facial bones.
- Soft tissue laser – This precise dental laser is used in many treatment situations that previously called for traditional surgery, and can perform the same procedures in less time with much less bleeding and discomfort for the patient. This dental technology is often used when treating gum disease.
- BioPak – Used as a diagnostic tool for TMD/TMJ, this system combines electromyography and joint sonography to determine the ideal alignment of the bite and jaw in a patient. It is particularly useful for patients suffering from temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- T-Scan – Another diagnostic tool used in treating TMJ cases, this device provides a computerized image showing the patient’s entire bite, including any potential pressure points that may be causing issues or pain.
- TENS unit – TENS, which is short for transcutaneous electrical neurostimulation, emits a series of low-frequency electrical impulses that relax the muscles of the jaw. This tool is helpful when treating any jaw dysfunction issue, including TMJ.
- LightScalpel CO2 Laser – An FDA-approved device that provides ultimate precision for oral surgery cases including tongue- or lip-tie releases, gum tissue biopsies, and more. LightScalpel provides faster healing, less risk of infection and scarring, and is less invasive than traditional surgery.
- iTero Scanner – This leading-edge technology allows us to eliminate the need for goopy impressions when making models for restorative and orthodontic dentistry. Using a small wand, we can quickly scan the surfaces of your teeth and bite, capturing 3D images that are transferred to the lab for constructing crowns, bridges, veneers, and orthodontic aligners. We can also use the iTero scanner to capture hard-to-see areas in the mouth for patients to see their dental concerns up close.
If you would like to learn more about the technology we use in our office or schedule a tour of our facility, contact Glen Park Dental by calling (415) 799-3900. A member of our staff will be happy to assist you.
Glen Park Dental is proud to provide the highest level of oral health care for patients in the areas of San Francisco, Marin, and Oakland, California.