San Francisco CA
Improve the way your teeth look by having the cosmetic dental team at Glen Park Dental install veneers.
Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain-like shells placed over the front of teeth, concealing cosmetic issues such as:
- Chips or fractures
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Uneven teeth (too short)
Glen Park Dental offers the following types of veneers
Porcelain veneers are made of the same high-quality dental porcelain used to make tooth replacements such as crowns.
Veneers made of porcelain have the following advantages:
- A porcelain veneer is durable. It will not stain from tobacco, coffee, wine, or other discoloring agents present in food and drinks.
- The translucent quality of a porcelain veneer mimics the light-reflecting qualities of dental enamel. As a result, the veneer looks natural teeth.
- Having a porcelain veneer installed is less invasive and removes a smaller amount of the tooth structure.
Composite veneers are made of composite resin and can be completely installed during a single appointment. When a composite veneer is placed, the dentist will buff the tooth slightly, and then apply a special bonding agent, which will help bond the veneer to the tooth. Once the composite veneer is installed, it will be shaped and polished to provide natural looking results.
A composite veneer has the following advantages:
- Composite veneers are cheaper than their porcelain counterparts.
- A composite veneer can be repaired if there is a problem, whereas any issue with a porcelain veneer requires total replacement.
Whatever type of veneer you choose, no veneer will last forever. However, you can extend the life of your veneer by maintaining a thorough regimen of oral hygiene that includes daily brushing and flossing, in combination with regular visits to the dentist for cleanings and examinations.
Because of the cost involved, cosmetic dentistry is an investment in your looks and oral health. Protect your investment by choosing the right dental practice to install your veneers. The staff at Glen Park Dental has the experience and training to perform any cosmetic procedure you desire, including veneers. Contact our office at (415) 585-1500 to schedule an appointment.
Glen Park Dental provides comprehensive, compassionate, quality oral health care for patients in the areas of San Francisco, Marin, and Oakland, California.